Sex offenders have always lived in our communities, and the accompanying risks have always been present. This method of public notification is an acceptable way of reducing that risk and enhancing public protection. Any actions taken against these offenders, including vandalism of property, intimidation, harassment or verbal or written threats of harm against these subjects or their families, landlords, or employers, are not acceptable, and will likely result in arrest and prosecution of those persons.
Offender Verification Requirements
Offenders are required to verify their information with law enforcement at a frequency based on their North Dakota status/risk level.
- High Risk: Four times a year – in the months of January, April, July, and October
- Moderate Risk: Twice a year – in the months of February and August
- Low Risk or not yet assigned a North Dakota risk level: One time a year - in the month of their date of birth
- List of all Offenders
- Detailed search-High Risk/Lifetime Offenders only
- Map High Risk/Lifetime Offenders Near Me
- Delinquent Offenders
- ND Native American offenders living on reservations are listed on Tribal websites.